150 S. Washington Street, Suite 202
Falls Church, VA 22046
Phone   (703) 534-5588
Fax   (703) 534-5585

Healthcare Professionals

Foreign medical personnel, physicians and nurses, may come to the United States to work if they meet certain professional qualifications as well as qualifications for a nonimmigrant status available to them. Physicians may consider obtaining H-1B (specialty occupations), J-1 (exchange visitor), O-1 (extraordinary ability) or TN (Canadian and Mexican workers) nonimmigrant status. Physicians must pass professional Federal Licensing Examination. The requirements for foreign physicians to obtain a right to work in the United States are discussed in more detail here. Nurses may come to the United States in special H-1C status reserved only to registered nurses. Only a number of certified hospitals may sponsor H-1C nurses.