150 S. Washington Street, Suite 202
Falls Church, VA 22046
Phone   (703) 534-5588
Fax   (703) 534-5585

H-4 : Family Members

H-4 visa/status is issued to dependents (spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age) of H-1, H-2 or H-3 principal beneficiary. Visa/status is usually issued at the same time it is issued to an H principal beneficiary or the principal H applicant can request this visa/status for beneficiary during his H status. H-4 status provides for same restrictions as the principal, however not the same benefits. H-4 status does not permit employment in the U.S., or can not give an opportunity to obtain a Social Security Number but does permit school attendance and applying for a driver's license. An H-4 visa holder is admitted to the U.S. for the duration of the primary (H-1B, H-2A, H-2B, or H-3) visa validity.