Helping clients to choose the type of entity when starting a business, registering such with authorities and then corporate counseling are main goals of our corporate practice. We make sure clients investments are protected and we make sure all documentation is intact. The start up operations generally are billed on a flat fee basis.
Incorporation involves drafting legal documents called “By-Laws” and “Articles of Incorporation” that list the primary purpose of the business, its name and its location, the number of shares and class of stock being issued, if any. Incorporation involves specific jurisdictional steps:holding an organizational meeting, selecting officers, adopting bylaws, issuing stock, appointing a registered agent, obtaining an employer’s identification number, filing securities exemption forms with the Secretary of State and SEC.
Corporate counseling is a process of leading, administrating and directing a company, including, but not limited to business formation, corporate governance and shareholder activism, outsourcing andadvise with strategic commercial transactions, restructuring, and tax matters. We work in close partnership with top specialists in a specific area, like taxation, intellectual property, etc.
Our company serves as outside general counsel and outsourced in-house counsel to represent our clients in:
- Startup counseling;
- Formation of corporations, LLC’s and other entities, and preparation of related documentation;
- Purchase and Sale agreements;
- Business acquisition agreements;
- Commercial offices leases and subleases;
- Partnership and operating agreements; Joint venture, strategic alliance and teaming agreements; Stock purchase agreements; Service and marketing agreements; Employment, compensation and independent contractor agreements;
- Dissolution and liquidation agreements; Non-compete and non-disclosure agreements; Promissory notes and other financial instruments; Franchise, licensing and distribution agreements; Insurance agreements
- Business Plan;
- Trademark advice and registration;
- Partnership/joint venture disputes, breach of contract claims and business torts.